Friday, November 19, 2010

I sometimes wonder about those 'Christians' that we are always hearing about on the news...the one's being dragged away by the police for being in some kind of a protest with yelling and shouting and fighting. Well, here is something I think is neat...I've always known that those people have the wrong idea, but here it is, written in the Word as plain as day. Matthew 12: 15-21 says " Look at my Servant whom I have chosen...I will put my Spirit on Him, and he will proclaim justice to the nation. He will NOT FIGHT OR SHOUT OR RAISE HIS VOICE in public....". We know that even though Jesus may have gotten angry at different things, he never staged a protest, or screamed his will at others, he didn't fight the people who did wrong, but He constantly brought the Truth to light. However, Jesus had no problem speaking bluntly to the hypocrites, or speaking powerfully against sin, but He also didn't resort to the ugly tactics that are so often used in His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment