Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random verses

Some random verses from recent Bible reading that I like or think are interesting. "Childish rulers oppress my people, and WOMEN rule over them.[ Notice that this is not meant as a good thing.] O my people, your leaders mislead you; they send you down the wrong road." Is 3:12,13.  Very interesting. " But in the day, the branch of the Lord will be BEAUTIFUL and GLORIOUS." Is 4:2. This is just a beautiful verse.  " A kingdom divided by civil war will collapse. Similarly, a family splintered by feuding will fall apart." Mark 3:24,25. This last one reminds me that in the family of Christ, while challenging each other to be the best we can in our walk, we must not fall into meaningless arguments and 'feuding'. And this one...to those I've heard preach that Jesus acts like us when He was angered by something: " Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved , who pleases me. I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. HE WILL NOT FIGHT OR SHOUT OR RAISE HIS VOICE IN PUBLIC." Matthew 12:18,19. And this one, to those who are confused about the 'Last Days': " In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people..." This was prophesied by the prophet Joel, which is stated in verse 16 and that verse says, " No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel."  In other words, the last days began at Pentecost and we've been living in them every since. What most people think of when someone says 'last days' or 'end times' is  the tribulation period. But that's only part of what the last days really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment